In 1953, in a one room building, Reverend and Mrs. Jack Morton established a new work in the Denver Harbor addition of Houston, Texas. Soon a larger building was added to accommodate the growing church. Brother Morton served faithfully for nine years.
Reverend W. E. Fuller was the second minister to pastor the church. The Fullers were with us for three years.
In November, 1965, Reverend D. H. Samuelson and his family came to pastor Denver Harbor Pentecostal Church. In 1969 the church purchased 2.8 acres of land in the Royalwood Subdivision for a future church site.
Under the direction of Brother Samuelson a 7,040 square foot facility was built. The sanctuary was designed to accommodate 350 people. The new church was named Royalwood Pentecostal Church. The formal opening and dedication service was held on February 6, 1970.
In 1979 Reverend Harry Haygood was elected pastor of Royalwood. The Haygoods’ vision to reach this area was contagious. Our church thrived during this great man’s leadership.
One of the greatest tests of faith was put before Royalwood when Brother Haygood was stricken with cancer. In September 1983, Brother Haygood passed away leaving behind a beautiful legacy.
In November of 1983 Reverend and Mrs. Ron Macey were asked to come and preach while the church was seeking a pastor for Royalwood. Brother Macey preached in November and then was called back. After ten years of evangelizing, the Maceys were elected to pastor Royalwood in December of 1983. Christmas day was their first service as our leaders.
During the past 26 years Royalwood has seen the vision and growth of Brother and Sister Macey effect all who have called Royalwood home. Our services have been saturated with the power and mercy of God and we have seen continuous growth in our church.